For VirtualToor, we're trying to make the whole event as self-organized as possible. This lets you throw out whatever crazy ideas you want to share and leave it up to the audience to decide which sessions they want to tune in to. We'll be providing some standard infrastructure for people to tune into the talks, but if you prefer to host your session over some other medium (dial-in conf line, BBS, VR, carrier pigeon, etc) that's up to you!
A self-organized session can be:
- ... a gathering of a project group or on a special topic,
- ... a contest or a game
- ... a small talk or lecture
- ... a screening of a movie
- ... something with music, literature and art
- ... a follow-up-discussion on one of the "big talks" or another topic that happened reticently
- ... everything else you think that needs to take place at a conference
- ... and hey, it might even be a workshop!
Scheduling your Session
On this page you can find a list of planned self-organized sessions by participants of VirtualToor and you'll find the necessary information to create your own one.
The idea is, that we will be able to provide a global workshop and talk calendar: Everyone being at the Camp is able to look at this Static:calendar and will find out what sessions are currently running.
To register your self-organized sessions just use the self-organized session form.
- For now, the crucial information are
- Name of the self-organized session (which will be used as the site name)
- Abstract (short description, 1-3 sentences)
- valid email address (might be used by the orga team to contact you)
- The following information can also be added later
- detailed description, it will be the main body of your session page (that's the Free text field: This field allows the usual mediawiki syntax, feel free to add URLs, pictures etc)
- some information about the person and village performing the self-organized session
- rough start- and end-time for the schedule
Please select a location for your self-organized Session while filling the form.
- Session channels
We provide a few "Virtual Venues" for your self-organized sessions. Feel free to schedule events in these spaces or in your village channel:
- Room:Prime Dome - Please limit to 20-50 minute talks related to hacking/making
- Room:Hardware Hacking Stage - Please limit to workshops related to hacking/making
- Room:Yoga Studio - For every other non-hacking/making related talk and workshops
All villages that have selected maybe or yes in the section "Provides location for sessions" in the village form will show up as a location. Please get in touch with the village concerned, if you want to use their location for your session.
Some villages are happy to host "external" sessions, e.g.:
- please add your village and your topics wanted :)
Registered Self-organized Sessions
The calendar is updated using the semantics feature of the self-organized sessions form and template. This may take some time, so be patient...
There are 5 registered self-organized sessions.
List of Sessions
|Bash explode live set||bash explode - live music set|
|Closing Remarks||Come hear the ToorCamp organizers rant about how awesome the VirtualToor weekend went!|
|Hacking TCP/IP BBS Infrastructure||BBS threat model, BBS networking software infra, methodology, vulns|
|Opening Remarks||Come hear the ToorCamp organizers rant about all the awesomeness going on VirtualToor weekend.|
|Why did my new laptop break the internet?||Let's explore a kernel memory corruption bug I accidentally discovered in a WiFi 6 router. With live demos, new bugs, and plenty of WTF :)|
The following calendar shows all registered activities like mentioned above.
|Has event title||Session||Start||Duration||Location|
|Opening Remarks||Opening Remarks||27 June 2020 10:00:00||20 min||Prime Dome|
|Why did my new laptop break the internet?||Why did my new laptop break the internet?||27 June 2020 13:00:00||30 min||Prime Dome|
|Hacking TCP/IP BBS Infrastructure||Hacking TCP/IP BBS Infrastructure||27 June 2020 16:00:00||60 min||Prime Dome|
|Bash explode live set||Bash explode live set||27 June 2020 21:00:00||30 min||Prime Dome|